Thursday 28 April 2011

Place your bets...

The lack of blogging from me is due to the lack of "get up and go" I have had of late. This morning, I woke up with a grudge against the world. Not good. This is mainly due to the fact that I have (yet again) had very little sleep due to the pains and contractions I'm getting. It doesn't help when you feel totally alone and ignored by health care "professionals". I had an appointment with the consultant on Tuesday however she was too busy to see me so I saw her understudy. I wasn't examined or asked how I was feeling even when I TOLD her the pain I was having and considering it was difficult for me to sit/walk/stand pretty much said it all. She told me they think I have had my "show" which means baby is iminent however didn't check for dilation. I'm going to be one of those women that end up having her baby in the bath or the toilet or another extremely inconvenient place or even in public! Anyway, she only gave me blood results from a test my community midwife gave me that very morning...they were fine. The DR however said my iron was low and went to ask my consultant to write up a prescription. She came back, without said prescription because my iron is fine. I don't have a follow up appointment they just said to keep doing what I'm doing...going to labour ward and being shoved in a bed and forgotten about. Fucking brilliant. (Sorry for the bad language)

Anyway, that was Tuesday and today is Thursday. I no longer have a problem with the world. I've 'ad a word wi misen and all is right again, well apart from the pain. I popped to see the boys at the florists next door but one to treat myself to some flowers. I'm extremely pleased I did, because Shaun made me up a stunningly gorgeous bouquet of lillies and gerbras (my favourites)...pink lillies and bright gerbras. Just what the doctor ordered! I also have a beautiful orchid house plant which now sits proudly on my livingroom windowsill. Flowers actually make me very, very happy. I think in another life I must've been a florist. So yes, part of my forgiving the world is down to Shaun and Julian for the flowers and lovely chat. They are diamond gentlemen :) oh and it's Shauns birthday tomorrow!

So, baby Lewis is playing up. No news there then. We have decided to have a sweepstake on when the little buggerlugs is due. The winner gets a bottle of champers! I'm hoping Shaun's comes in because it's the closest date (tomorrow!) and I really hope Fudd (alan's work friend) is wrong that I will go over by 2 weeks! Aparently my work colleagues are also taking bets on when Baby Lewis will show his face! Here are the bets so far: I'll update when I know what my work colleagues have bet! Just a bit of fun but REALLY hope baby Lewis comes soon so I can have a rest...well a rest from the pain anyway as the sleepless nights will long continue so I'm told. Very excited to meet my little man though :)



Off to Pizza Hut buffet for lunch with Alan, Keira and Daisy. Really looking forward to it :) Hopefully I will manage to enjoy myself for a couple of hours. If I'm not any better Alan has asked me to call the hospital just to get checked over if nothing else. I think someone is worried that baby Lewis will surprise us and come when we're at home or out and about and Alan will have to deliver him! Don't think shouting "is there a midwife in the house" works anywhere else but on films :)

We'll see how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment