Thursday 21 April 2011

Nothing special

I can't think of much to write today so this will probably be short and sweet but I promised myself I would keep this blog going for as long as I can. Not sure how easy that will be when Baby Lewis is here!

Yesterday turned out to be a lovely day, we had a visit from Keira and my gorgeous niece Daisy - they stayed for a couple of hours so it was nice to chat with Keira and play with Daisy. She is such a happy baby can't believe shes almost 18 months!!

Alan and I went to my friend Adeles photography studio to pick up the DVD slideshow we had done of Daisy for Keiras birthday. Shes got some beautiful images of her despite Daisy not being in the mood when we had them done (tears and tantrums - very unlike Daisy though!) We dropped the slideshow off at Keiras and stayed for a drink while we watched it. Alan played with Daisy loads while me and Keira chatted more. I'm very close with my sister - don't get me wrong sometimes she pisses me off and does my head in but I do the same to her. The good thing is, whenever we see each other its a laugh and we enjoy it. She's been so supportive throughout my pregnancy and shes always there when I need her. Anyway, Alan was playing with Daisy and she screams with laughter - it's sooo cute :) he is going to make such a brilliant daddy I can't wait!

We came home had lunch and then Alan went to bed for a few hours as he was on the night shift. Hate being home alone when he's working nights, it's awful! I went to bed around midnight and couldn't sleep thanks to baby hiccups! I took my book, read two chapters and the sleep just drifted over me. I woke up around 4:30am - back pain, menstrual pain and a few tightenings. I ended up texting Alan and stayed awake until he got in from work. It's always nice when he climbs into bed after a night shift - the first thing he does is pop his head around the door to look at me, goes to brush his teeth etc then climbs in bed and gives me a kiss and we have a natter about his shift and other things before he falls to sleep.

I haven't done much today, I've hung the washing out and put another load in and had breafast (tea and toast). Been having a few tightenings so been encouraging them by bouncing on my birthing ball! The weather is gorgeous but I cant seem to find the motivation in me to go for a walk - I don't like the idea of going alone if I'm honest. I need friends who aren't at work during the day!

Anyhoo, this is going to turn into ramblings so I'm gonna get off! Hopefully my next post will be more exciting - maybe even about having Baby Lewis? Wishful thinking or what!!

No comments:

Post a Comment