Friday 1 April 2011

I just want a healthy baby

1st April already!!! Luckily no one managed to play any April fools tricks on me...shame I didn't get to play any of my own either :( Oh well!

Today has been great and that was mainly down to a much needed good nights sleep! I went out for a cuppa and a mouch around Asda Living with my big sister this morning. She's got my baby neice in nursery every Friday morning so we had some quality sisterly bonding! One of my many mottos: a brew and a chat, good for the soul :)

We browsed the clothes section and both ended up looking at baby clothes...My neice, Daisy is 1 and I've bought Keira (my sister) a studio sitting with my friend Adele who is an award winning photographer so we found her a gorgeous dress. I could have bought the whole shop but I refrained from it...I only bought a set of vests! They were hard to resist though: hungry caterpillar!!! Too cute!!! I also bought mothers day cards for my mum and Alans.

I went back to my sisters for another brew and a chat. Wow, my soul must be squeeky clean today! Really enjoyed spending some time with my big sister, shes a great support and I'd like to thing I am the same to her.

Alan got up quite early this afternoon so we went for a walk around meadowhall and grabbed some lunch. Nandos mmmm! I had contractions and I was sure they were going to get worse and worse...then they died off!!! I feel like I'm just waiting for it to happen. We are ready for him to come in terms of material things and emotionally. I've been prepared for labour, more times than I care to remember! Its every movement that scares me. I think I'm in labour again. And that's fine...the thing that scares me is that it's going to stop. Again. And then start. Again. The pain of the contractions is extremely intense to the point of pethidine not taking the edge off. I'm not sure how many times I can go through this. How long will my body and my baby cope with this? I don't want either of us to get into any distress. I just want a healthy baby.

Oh well, I'm off to watch TV and write my guest blog for my friend Blue Lights Photography...it's about my wedding. I love weddings, my own and other peoples even if I don't know them! Should be fun! Hopefully, baby Lewis will behave for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment