Wednesday 20 April 2011

The Lewis'

I've calmed down after this mornings post so thought I would post something a little more positive for the day. Can't be doing with negativity! So, here it is a post in words and pictures about the story of Baby Lewis so far...


Here is baby Lewis at 12 weeks and believe me it was a loooooooooong 12 weeks with two hospital stays thanks to severe morning sickness - there is a name for it but I can't spell it!! At 12 weeks I was still feeling pretty shocking

So here are me and Alan on our wedding day, at this point I was 14 weeks pregnat and feeling it! I found out I was pregnant at approx 6 weeks and we were so excited as I was told I'd need IVF to conceive due to existing medical issues. I was tired on our wedding day but it was beautiful and I loved it none the less.

Here is baby Lewis at the 20 week scan. I was feeling much better by this point.

Heres what Baby Lewis looks like at 20wk + 1 from the outside

Here we are at 25wk +3




Here are the imgages from the 4d scan we had done privately at 28wk +2. This was the week after I had gone into premature labour and the hospital stopped it with drugs and gave me steroids to help strengthen babys lungs. He was really well behaved at the scan appointment and the sonographer was chuffed at how many images he managed to get for us. We also got a 4d movie of Baby Lewis moving and a 2d movie and scan pics. It was a lovely experience.

This one of the ECG scans that I had last week in the hospital when I was 34wk +5. The lines are the contractions I was feeling - believe it or not this was Baby Lewis behaving himself, they were much worse after this!

This is me and Baby Lewis today at 35wk +4. He'd still be classed as premature if he came today but the hospital assure me he will be fine if born early. Struggling a little with the contractions today but all in all very happy that my baby boy is happy.

So that's us...the Lewis family so far! Until Baby Lewis gets here and is no longer a scan or a picture of my tummy. Hopefully we won't be waiting too long to meet our little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment