Friday 6 May 2011

Lucky Lady

I can't believe I'm going to be a mummy soon. I'm going to have a tiny little baby to love and care for. I'm so excited about it but I won't lie, I'm bricking it too! They say caring for your baby comes naturally. I hope it's true because I have no idea! I loved him from the first moment I saw the pink positive line on the test and every day the feeling has just got stronger. I've read the books and got the emails about pregnancy and birth and now caring for a baby. I suppose only time will tell when he gets here...One thing I know for sure is I love him more than anything in the world. Can't wait for the finishing piece of my family jigsaw :)

Still not heard from my mother but this isn't the longest time we've not spoken. Keira and I spoke about it yesterday and we both feel the same, we're through with it all. No more drama. We have our own families to focus on. It's mums loss, not ours. I've coped without her before more than once, I can do it again. I have my brother and sister. I have my husband. I have my extended family. And I have friends. I've gained a few friends very recently who have been a bigger support to me than my mother ever has. The term for this is a true friend. I'm very lucky to have them.

The project has been put on hold which I'm not crazy about but spending money on baby furniture which was supposed to be a gift from my mum has meant that I haven't been able to get the things I need. I have a notepad dedicated to the project though with lists of what I need. Plenty of brainstorms too. I know I will have less time on my hands when Baby Lewis gets here but I think it's still possible to do. If you want something and you are willing to work hard to get it then it's worth going for it.

Hoping for a nice lunch out somewhere with Alan today - want to do this as much as we can before baby gets here. He's an amazing husband and my best friend. He is a natural with babies and kids of all ages. Baby Lewis is super lucky to have him as a daddy and I'm super lucky to have him has my hubby and best friend. I am one happy and lucky lady at this moment in time :)La

1 comment:

  1. Baby Lewis is super lucky to have 'you both', don't worry Amy you'll be a great Mum! x

    ReplyDelete