Friday 27 May 2011

Early bird

Morning campers!  Been awake since 4am and fought getting out of bed for a couple of hours but, it's no good there's things I want to look at on the internet on a screen thats bigger than my iPhone so here I am, up and raring to go! Kind of...

Firstly, I need to varify my account on the Geocache website and whilst I could do this on my phone there is a code you need to enter and my memory isn't fantastic being pregnant and all so I opted to wait and varify my account when I got up so I could copy and paste it straight from the email. I know what you're thinking, clever right? Haha OK maybe not...but not bad common sense for a preggers bird ;) Extremely new to this Geocaching, it was introduced to me last night by Jayne my Twitter bessie mate when she tweeted about going off down the Trans Pennine Trail something to do with Geocache. Being a nosey cow, I asked what this entailed and boy am I glad I did...it's right up mine and Alan's street!!! Basically, long story short it's a big tressure hunt by using a GPS device. Obviously there's more to it than this but as I said, I'm new to this so I can't fully explain. If you're reading and you're interested visit the website So I mentioned this to Alan and he's well up for giving it a go so after this blog post I'm off to varify my account! Can't wait!

Being up at daft o'clock with your husband out at work [he's on days] you get a bit bored so I started noseying at Facebook. I've boycotted updating facebook with any news about the baby but I'm good with commenting on other peoples statuses or noseying. Anyway, this morning I was noseying at the status updates and saw a review on some Lush products. I read on...an hour later and here I am. I have decided to come downstairs to sit on the laptop to look at the Lush website in more depth, normally I just go to the shop. After the last 13 weeks I am in major need of a pamper sesh so the plan is to look at a few products and get them ordered. Fuck it, I deserve a bit of a treat right??? Anyway, I need to test some more things because I always buy the same things from Lush. There's method in my madness, I could ask for vouchers for my birthday too and I would know what to get! So yeah, after I've varified my Geocache account I'm off to Lush.

Later this afternoon Alan and I are off out for tea with his workmates at The Bluebell, Manvers then off to the flicks to watch The Hangover Part II. Really looking forward to it. Who knows, this could be our last chance at a "date" for a while. Dreading going out slightly because I'm massive and nothing fits including my shoes!!! I like to make an effort now and then but being 41 weeks pregnant [tomorrow] restricts what you can wear somewhat. I'm thinking maternity jeans, baggy top and a nice cardi but have a feeling the top I want to wear will show the bottom of my preggy belly and the band of my maternity jeans. Friggin typical. I can't go too casual as we're off to the flicks with his mate from work Scott and his missus plus I don't want Alan's mates thinking he's married a munter! I'm not the best looking bird in town but I like to at least try and make an effort. Alan says I'm too down on myself he's wrong of course. I'm not down on myself at all, I'm just honest with myself. There's a difference.

Bloody strong contractions all last night and again this morning but you can bet your bottom dollar they won't amount to anything. I'm booked in for a sweep tomorrow, hoping it works but doubt it will. I'm not that lucky. I reckon they're going to have to pull Baby Lewis out kicking and screaming! Ran out of painkillers last night, the stronger ones the hospital provided and whilst they didn't take the pain away completely they helped take the edge off. In other words, beware a fair few moans until baby arrives. Cant' wait to finally blog my birth story, I'm going to be as graphic and descriptive as possible!!!

Anyway, that's enough for one morning! Or for now at least, I'm off to Geocache and Lush. I'll catch you on the next blog. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment