Monday 2 May 2011

A better day

Yesterday was great after I got my last blog post off of my chest. I went to Meadowhall with my friend Adele because she needed some holiday clothes. I bought a few tops myself because the tops I have at the moment don't fit great due to bump! Wore my new trainer things & they were super comfy. I did struggle after a while though, it's hard work carrying a baby around!

It was our nieces [on Alan's side] 4th birthday yesterday and I promised her we would go to her party no matter what. She calls me "my best friend auntie Amy" bless her :-) We got to Sharon & Simons [Alan's sister & bro in law] at around 4pm and the party was already in full swing! We shouted Rheanna and she came straight over to us, despite the many other things she could do. We got a cuddle then gave her the card and presents we'd bought her. She was chuffed to bits with her card, it was Tinkerbell! I got her into Tinkerbell ages ago and ever since I always buy Tink themed cards, gift wrap etc. She loved it! So cute! We bought her play dough [much to Sharons disgust haha] and it was an icecream parlour type machine! To be honest, I wanted one myself!

The party was lovely, lots of kids having fun and adults trying their best to keep their kids from getting over excited. I love a good buffet and Sharon never fails to feed an army so the food was great! There was a 4 tier stand with cupcakes that Rheanna and her older sister Courtney [12] had made and decorated. They were better than any baking I've ever done! The cake was a castle turret with Rapunzel and her hair - fantastic I must say! But Sharon has a real talent for cakes. I sat inside the conservatory most of the time, mainly because Baby Lewis was playing up but I still managed to join in. I'm not one for family do's but this was great. Oh and we got our own presents from Sharon & gang...a lovely changing mat and a basket of essential baby things. I love baby hampers people make up, I think they're so imaginative and useful!

I've been awake since around 3:30am with sickness and aches and pains. The joys of being pregnant. Started with horrendous heartburn too which made the sickness worse. Only threw up once thankfully but I'd rather BE sick than feel it! I was awake when Alan came home so we had a natter before he went to sleep. Now I'm downstairs contemplating what I can do with my day while Alan is in bed. Might scrub the floors - its an old wives tale that is supposed to bring on labour!

No comments:

Post a Comment