Friday 2 September 2011

The Donkey...

Before I start my post, I would like to congratulate my friend Nikki & her fiancĂ© James on the safe arrival of their baby girl Hannah Mae, who was born early this evening.  Nikki, welcome to motherhood – it’s hard, it’s tiring but bloody hell it’s worth it!

The moment a child is born,
the mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.


Now to start with the “bumf” of my post…it’s all about the Donkey!  The Bugaboo Donkey that is…

The Bugaboo Donkey


Isn’t it amazing?!  My friend posted a link about the new, £1200 pram and I just had to read on!  It was an article in a well-known newspaper, asking the question, “Would you spend £1200 on a pram?”… My answer is YES!  I know, I know I must be stark raving mad to even consider the idea of spending that amount of money on a pram – especially as we already have two this and this but as soon as I saw it I think I fell in love.  Normally, I’m not one for designer prams as you can probably tell from our current two, I bought ours on practicality and cost.

The new Bugaboo Donkey, coming in at a whopping £1,200 [yes you read it right the first and second time] is the most expensive pram currently on the market [so I’m lead to believe after reading newspaper article]. 

The Bugaboo Donkey has been designed to meet two key parental needs: increased storage space and the option to convert from a mono to a side by side duo stroller for parents with two young children or twins – Kiddisave

I know what you’re thinking…I don’t have twins or two young children.  Correct, I don’t at present but who knows what the future holds [hubby is now aware that I want another baby and hasn’t run a mile…YET]  The Donkey, as you can see from the pictures can be used as a “mono” pram with the basket at the side for storage, this in my opinion is a fantastic idea.  I love the idea of not having to shove my shopping behind the pram hood or struggle with a basket if I’m shopping alone.  It also means that I would have the things I/Alfie needs to hand without having to root through the changing bag and/or my pockets.  OK so it sounds like I’m making excuses and maybe I am but just look at the pram…it’s like a work of art!  Never before did I think I’d get so emotional over baby paraphernalia however this is different it is very practical in my eyes albeit slightly expensive!

I have told hubby he must work lots of overtime as I need want this pram for Alfie and any future babies we may have.  He hasn’t dismissed the idea but that may be because he thinks I’m joking – I’m not by the way.  He has however jokingly said we’d better get practicing for baby no.2 if I want this pram!  I’ve told him we have our baby now [who very much NEEDS this pram] however baby no.2 will appreciate it just as much when we are ready for her/him.  Obviously not yet, we want to enjoy Alfie first before either of us will be ready for another.  Like I said though, the pram can be used in mono mode until no.2 does finally come along!  What do you think?  Would you spend £1200 on a pram?  Am I crackers for even considering the idea?  Whatever your opinion, I bet you can’t help ogling the Bugaboo Donkey as I have…

No comments:

Post a Comment