Saturday 30 July 2011

Busy busy busy!

Here I am again with another bath time blog. If you haven't read my blog before then yes I really am blogging from the bath (via iPhone). I'm having a major, selfishly long soak in the tub tonight because I can. Alfie is in bed and whilst he is still in the falling asleep then crying stage hubby is tending to him. Actually I haven't heard much from Alfie in around 5 minutes. Just heard a yawn from Alan - bet he's snoring away shortly.

We've had a really busy week having lots of much needed family time. I say it like we all needed it when in fact it was probably just me. When Alan was at work we barely saw him because of overtime shifts and for a new family it isn't easy. It is however necessary.

This week, we went to the deep at hull, shopping in various places, picnicked at cannon hall, visited the animals at The Yorkshire Wildlife Park and visited the beautiful gardens of Chatsworth House. It has been very busy, slightly costly but totally and utterly worth it. Hubby has a good job as do I (when I'm not on maternity leave) so why shouldn't we treat ourselves in his two weeks off work? We'd be mad not to!

Yesterday Alfie had his 6 week check with me at the doctors office (he's 9 week on Monday) and everything was fine. He had to have his immunisation injections however which was NOT fine. I held him as she did them. I could hear in his cry they hurt. It actually broke my heart. I didn't cry myself but not quite sure how I held it together. There were tears in my eyes though. I carried him back to the car, cuddling and whispering soothing words to him while Alan carried the changing bag and car seat. It was awful but it had to be done. He was very off yesterday but seems much, much better today <3

[I can hear snoring and sleepy sighs from daddy Lewis & baby Lewis]

So today was wonderful. I got some beautiful flowers from my gorgeous little man - no occasion - just because! We had a wonderful afternoon at Chatsworth House walking around the vast and beautiful gardens. I would highly recommend! There's a farm yard and play area for children too! We had ice-cream with a flake - such a treat!

Alfie's schedule has been knocked all out if sorts today because of one thing or another. Back on it tomorrow - well from 11pm's dream feed tonight! The routine is working during the day so we just need the night time to follow and as we say in Yorkshire - we're cooking wi gas!

Had to call at the mother in laws today to drop off Alan's airbrush compressor for her to borrow (not sure if that's a wise move myself!) his older sister, brother in law & their youngest daughter were there. Alfie was fine until they crowded him and he cried. I was told it was MY fault because he didn't like being in his car seat!

1. He was fine until they over crowded him after he'd just woke up

2. We weren't staying so there was no reason to take him out for the sake of 5 mins.

3. I didn't want her frigging opinion

Alan made the mistake of telling them all that Alfie is on a schedule/routine. He fucked up by saying we're TRYING when actually we aren't because for the most part it's working. We were criticised for this too! According to her, he is too young for a schedule. If that's so, why is it working? Why has it been recommended by top successful baby sleeping guru/ expert Jo Tantum? I bit my tongue very hard. How dare she question our parenting? Bare in mind, their 4 year old still sleeps in their bed and wouldn't go to bed until they did. Hardly sound parenting advice coming from a family who have no routine at all! I am calm though. Now at least anyway.

I suppose I'd better drag myself out of the bath now; we have another busy day ahead tomorrow. All being well, we're off to the coast! Can't wait both Alan and I love being near the sea :)

Good night all & sweet dreams.

Here's to making lots of beautiful memories xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment