Sunday 7 August 2011

TMI & Christmas

WOW! Long time no post! Ok, so we’ve been a tad busy and even blogging from my phone hasn’t been convenient!  I’m back on it now though because after his two weeks off, Alan is back at work.  The full two weeks of family time is just what I needed.  We went everywhere visiting places but it wasn’t about where we went, it was the fact that we went as a family.  It was near perfect.

So, what’s new with me I hear you ask? 

[And if you didn’t ask or don’t want to know…tough I’m going to tell you anyway and if you don’t like it bugger off my blog you miserable sod!]

So, yeah, me… I am in god awful pain at the moment.  My coccyx was damaged during labour [so says the physiotherapist] and it is bleeding agony, sitting, standing, laying down… it’s that bad it makes me feel sick.  I’m at physiotherapy tomorrow at BDGH because I’ve knackered my pelvis, back and hips through pregnancy and child birth.  Don’t let me put you off having babies though; you honestly don’t mind the pain when you look at your baby [yeah, right!!]  The physiotherapist told me there’s nothing they can do it just takes time to get better so not entirely sure why I have to go to sessions…I’m sure I’ll find that out tomorrow.

Another pain in the arse is quite literally that.  A pain in my arse!  [Please note:  the following details will contain TMI and may not be suitable for sensitive or squeamish people]  Since Alfie was born, I’ve struggled going to the loo, that’s right for a number 2!  I expected this as being normal, I’ve read all the books I know child birth fucks your body right up however 10 weeks on I should have been better for a while instead I seem to be getting a whole lot worse [cue sympathy votes].  I went to the doctor a few weeks ago after plucking up the courage to tell them I thought I had piles knowing they’d want to have a look.  The doctor looked and examined me.  No piles.  No fissure [a tear].  Nothing.  He couldn’t understand it.  He prescribed some lovely supositries that would work for piles, fissures and constipation – even though I had none of these what he could tell from examining me he thought it best to give them a try.  I won’t lie to you, it isn’t pleasant shoving a great big bullet like tablet up your arse but needs must and all that.  So, weeks on and I’m no better.  What I forgot to mention is, I’ve had bleeding from my back passage too.  It’s painful when I go to the toilet and I’ve been up there for an hour [Alan thought I was in the bath one time!].  At first I thought maybe it’s extreme constipation but it’s not because my poo or stools as the medical professionals would call it are fairly soft.  I have no idea what it is but I’ve googled it, as you do and scared myself silly so I have decided tomorrow I will book an emergency appointment with the doctor.  I can’t possibly continue like this being in tears and sweating so badly I have to get undressed because I’m in that much pain.  No, it just won’t do so off to the doctors I go.  I’ll report back, don’t worry ;)

So this evening I’ve been thinking about Christmas and how I want to spend it with my very lovely family.  By family, I mean Alan, Alfie and I.  We don’t want to go to Alan’s mums because although we are getting on a lot better now her cooking isn’t how I like things done [she makes sloppy veg and chewy crackling] and Alan’s older sisters kids are always the centre of attention and as it’s Alfie’s first Christmas, he should be the centre of attention for once.  I don’t want to go to my mums because of the thing with Elise and the fact it’s Williams birthday so again all attention will be on him as it always is and will be.  We could stay at home but then we wouldn’t have much excuse for not going and visiting the families.  The thing is and this may sound a tad selfish but we’re ALWAYS the ones who visit every bugger else, no one bothers with us even when Alfie was born there were few people who visited us instead we were expected to go to them!  I’m fed up of running after everyone I’d much rather just spend our first family Christmas somewhere else.  I’ve been thinking maybe we should go away for Christmas.  We’ve actually been toying with the idea since last Christmas.  Alan has time off work at Christmas because the steel works closes down for 2/3 weeks whilst they do whatever it is they do and he doesn’t have to work if he doesn’t want to.  I’ll still be on maternity leave and it’ll be the first Christmas since I was 16 that I haven’t worked!  I’m thinking Castleton for Christmas because it’s beautiful but even more so at Christmas and it’s not too far away from home should anything happen.  It’s one of our favourite places and for the past few years we’ve spent New Year there…last year we went for the first part of our honeymoon.  It just reminds me of happy times and I’d love for Alfie to have Christmas there.  It’s expensive obviously but totally worth it.  The cottage I’d like to stay in is £625 for the week so we’d have to see if we could afford it with buying Christmas gifts etc but to be honest, I think it’s worth it.  I can cook Christmas lunch and if anyone wants to visit in the week we’re away they’re more than welcome, there’d be a spare bedroom with a double bed!  My hearts set on it, I just have to discuss with Alan before I go ahead and book it.

Anyway, I should be doing other things that I’ve recently neglected, [housework, craft stuff etc] so I’ll get to it and blog ya later alligator!

2 comments:

  1. I had an anal fissure - it does sound like you have one. Suggest you get a second opinion. Hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie, hope your better. And castleton at Christmas sounds delightful! I'd try and pop up with James if only for half a day! xx

    ReplyDelete