Monday 25 July 2011

Yesterday, the Lewis family was much, much happier. We all made each other happy, just by being a family and having some much needed family time. When I say family I of course mean Alan and I, Alfie is happy regardless or it seems he is! Alan and I did start the day with an argument. We were both tired, said things we didn't mean or even if we did mean them we knew it was because we were tired.

I bit the bullet and gave him the benefit of the doubt. I asked if he'd like to join Alfie and I. Wasn't sure what he'd be joining us doing but I asked none the less. He seemed a little shocked I'd asked him and for this, I feel guilty (note to self: involve husband more). He accepted my invitation and the mood in our house changed. No more black cloud over our heads.

Operation "go out for the day" began. I say it like this because getting a baby ready to go out is like a military operation at times! Bottles were filled with water, powder dispensers filled, medicines packed, nappys, wipes, nappy sacks and change of clothes were packed. I remembered Alfies sun hat and sun cream too! I must be getting the hang of this!

We set off for our day out just after 9am. We had two choices: Cannon Hall or Yorkshire Sculpture Park. Both very beautiful but Alan chose YSP. We got there for 10 and at 10:15 Alfie was due to be fed. Couldn't have timed it better! We went to the cafe where Alan got us a pot of tea for two and some scones with clotted cream and jam! Mmm what a treat! I got us a table and fed Alfie. We took it in turns to eat and feed Alfie so it took a little longer than usual but it was nice to sit and talk. Very civilised: tea, scones and conversation.

We had a nosey in the shop and bought Alfie a couple of keepsakes. The weather was gorgeous and walking around the grounds was lovely. Alfie was completely settled and so were Alan and I. A much needed family day. We had a drink in the cafe whilst Alfie was fed before heading back home. I brought the drinks bottles home because I'm going to start using my glass painting stuff. According to Alan he's going to give me an evening or two off.

We visited Alan's mum before heading home for a late lunch. We had a lovely salad because we're both on a health kick after months of greasy takeaways! Then it was back off out for a stroll around Locke Park - we walked round twice. I'd like to say then we went home bathed, fed and put Alfie to bed but we didn't. Or we did. Kind of. We tried to but he wasn't having any of it! Little monkey!

Now, we're at The Deep in Hull. We've just arrived so Alan and I had our lunch and now Alan is feeding Alfie.

Family time is so important especially for a working family so we've agreed to make time for it at least once a week.

Love my family lots xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment