Monday 11 July 2011

Green Nippers Review

Green Nippers – An Organic, Eco Warrior Parents & Reflux Babies Dream me thinks!
If you’ve been reading my blog recently, you’ll probably know that Alfie suffers with severe reflux. I have put a lot of later than usual nights in researching reflux and ways to make things easier for my gorgeous boy. I was directed to Green Nippers by a friend on Twitter and I’m so glad I was!
“Green Nippers are an ethical, eco-conscious, organic baby and children’s clothing label, inspired by all things green.”
The outfit when it arrived.
Close up of the cute little green crab on the all in one

After an email from Victoria, I was sent the quite appropriately named “Alfie” all in one suit. I opened up the packaging which you may be interested to know was also eco-friendly and I was instantly excited! The all in one suit named Alfie is brightly coloured in blue, green and yellow – perfect for my baby boy! I took the all in one out of the packaging and couldn’t believe how soft it was! Softer than any other baby garment I’ve ever felt before! I was so surprised at how soft it was, I passed it over to my friend to have a feel! I couldn’t wait to try this out on my gorgeous boy!

It wasn’t long before I had my first opportunity to use the all in one as after his afternoon feed, Alfie was incredibly sick. Nothing unusual for us but it meant I had to change him completely because his outfit and vest were soaked through (yes, it’s that bad). Instantly I thought of the Green Nippers outfit and tried it on him. The garment is soft and unrestrictive meaning it went on like a dream which I’m sure any mummy with a wriggly baby will agree is something of a necessity when buying baby clothes – not to mention a mummy with a wriggly and extremely uncomfortable baby! As you can see from the picture below, he looked GORGEOUS and clearly loved it from the smile on his face! The bright colours suited him and the soft and unrestrictive material felt like pure air on his skin!
Alfie wearing Green NippersAlfie Organic Babygrow

Putting Alfie in his swing I felt comfortable knowing he was comfortable. His feeding time soon came around and as we are trying to restart breastfeeding I put him to the breast and the outfit, to the test (sorry, bad rhyming!). Now something I haven’t mentioned about the outfit is that the sleeves actually fold over making scratch mits! Perfect for breastfeeding mummies as babies hands tend to wander and grab onto you when breastfeeding – not such a nice feeling with their nails digging in! Alfie grabs me quite frequently out of frustration (milk not coming fast enough, tummy ache etc.) so after feeding him for five minutes with the scratch mits I was at ease – a less stressed mummy = a less stressed baby. Perfect! Now some people may think, “why not just use scratch mits”…that’s all good and well but with new babies and wriggly babies these can easily come off and therefore aren’t as effective…babies aren’t going to be able to pull or rub the sleeves of the all in one off now are they?!
Alfie breastfeeding with sleeve folded over making scratch mit

Alfie seems a lot more settled with breast milk (the reason we are restarting breastfeeding) so I put him down for a nap in the all in one. True to form though Alfie was eventually sick all over the all in one which meant I had to change him, again. Great. I changed him, settled him and put him in his swing while I put the washing in. The wash test with the garment was something that was equally important to me as how Alfie felt in it because as we all know garments change after washing be it the texture, the fit or the colour. I’m very pleased to say the outfit was washed for the fourth time this morning after Alfie has worn it three more times since the first time and it is on my washing line still soft, still bright and colourful and when he wears it again I can rest assured knowing it is still unrestrictive! Perfect!

Green Nippers pride themselves in only producing Soil Association certified organic baby clothes and baby accessories that are made from 100% organic cotton and chemical free dyes. Ideal for babies with skin conditions such as eczema as there are no harsh chemicals to irritate babies skin! It is recommended to only dress babies in 100% cotton, lose fit clothing in hot weather so the Green Nippers garments are ideal! Green Nippers have clothes for boys, girls AND unisex babies from 0-12 months and are planning on launching the organic clothing line for older children from 0 to 5 years."

Since receiving the Alfie all in one, I have visited the Green Nippers website on more than one occasion deciding which garment I can spend Alan’s hard earned wage on next. He doesn’t mind though as he LOVED the garment, not just for the benefits it has for Alfie but the fact that it is so stylish and colourful! What more could a parent want in clothing for their baby? Green Nippers have all corners covered in my opinion!
Victoria has been extremely generous and has given me a fantastic 15% discount code for all my readers that is valid until 31st August 2011. So to get your fabulous organic, eco-friendly, BABY FRIENDLY Green Nippers outfit visit their website and at the checkout use the code ORGANIC to receive your 15% discount! Perfect for all babies, let me assure you!

Advantages of Green Nippers Organic Clothes Include:

- Made from soft 100% organic cotton
- Contains no nasty chemicals and pesticides
- Eczema friendly
- Only nickel free poppers fastenings are used
- Soil Association certified
- High quality, durable and easy to care for
- Cool and Comfortable
- Environmentally friendly
- Generously sized to fit around cloth nappies
- Their range of practical all-in-one outfits are ideal for babies suffering from reflux
- Designed in England
- Ethically made in Turkey

Visit the Green Nippers website here
Find Green Nippers on Facebook here
Tweet Green Nippers on Twitter here

No comments:

Post a Comment