Sunday 20 May 2012

A Night Off

Last night was the worst night I've had with Alfie in ages. I'd say "we" had a bad night considering hubby was home but that's a sore subject. I'm knackered and I look even worse than usual which is rubbish considering my achievement on Bootcamp at Home. He was up all night and I think I've had about 4 hours of broken sleep. Yuck!

I've been thinking about this for a while but I always put it to the back of my mind because I feel so selfish. Thinking it just makes me feel guilty. Then this morning, something clicked and I realised I'm important too. What am I getting at I hear you ask??? I want a bloody night off! A night off all to myself that doesn't involve my hubby or Alfie. A night away to be blunt.

I love my baby boy more than words could possibly express and by getting a night off, I don't mean from him. I mean a night to myself. It's not the same. If I went anywhere even just for a night I'd miss him like crazy but it'd do me good. I'd feel a lot better for it and I know he'd be in good hands and well looked after.

My ideal night off? Dinner somewhere nice with good company, maybe a couple of drinks followed by a night in a hotel with a big bath tub. I could have uninterrupted sleep without a snoring, clumsy, pillow steeling husband. I could wake up naturally or to my 7:30am alarm - see I wouldn't be lazy!!!

Selfish? Maybe.

Do I deserve it? Definitely.

So get emailing the hotel reservations over to me, yeah? ;-)

3 comments:

  1. I'll look after little A for the night but I'm not looking after big A!!!
    J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He can look after himself Jayne! Big A that is! Can't see he'd be overly happy about me booking myself into a hotel for the night though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, if you feel you need it them you should do it! It will help all three of you in the long run. In fact we ought to do It together! Let's leave Big A, Little A and BIg K for a lads night in and F off on an 'us' night! xxx

    ReplyDelete