Thursday 11 August 2011

Tea & Lolly Pops

Alan was on nights last night as I mentioned in my post yesterday so of course after giving Alfie his 11pm dream feed he was straight in bed with me for snuggles!  He settled straight away and was soon snoring away sweetly.  I was sold!  I text Alan and told him Alfie was in our bed and would be sleeping in our bed with us/me from now on!  The response I got wasn’t what I was expecting: “as long as there’s room for me…” So co-sleeping here we come!  We need a bigger bed but as I mentioned yesterday, that was always the plan regardless of my co-sleeping plans.  Both Alfie and I woke this morning at 5:50 and Alfie was laying there looking very pleased with himself that he was in mummy’s bed!  It was sooooooo much easier for the 3AM feed that he woke up for too!  So today I will be searching for a bigger bed.  I want either a really gorgeous rustic, chunky wooden bed or a big leather sleigh bed.  Wish me luck!
OK, so on to the title of this post, Tea and Lolly pops.  Unfortunately the titles meaning, sweet as it sounds is far from sweetness.  I’m angry.  Very angry.  In fact, I think it’s safe to say I am one pissed off mummy!  We were at my mother in laws earlier this week picking something of ours up and we decided to stay for a cuppa.  This is a big thing for me as I don’t really see eye to eye with my in laws…does anyone?! Anyhoo, Alan’s older sister, S came up whilst we were there (she lives a few doors down) and wanted a cuddle with Alfie which was fine.  Everything was pretty civilised until she changed Alfie’s nappy and passed him back to me.  He was getting grouchy because he was tired and it was almost his bottle and bed time.  I was stood up holding Alfie when all of a sudden, S and everyone else in the room (apart from Alan, he was doing something at the car) started to laugh.  I turned to see she was holding a lolly to my 10 week old babys mouth and he was licking it furiously.  I was dumbfounded!  Shell shocked!  I’m talking about the hard sweet type lolly that I wouldn’t give to a toddler let alone a 10 week old baby.  I nearly died of shock.  The lolly was passed to me to give to Alfie!  I sat down with him, shoved the lolly in MY mouth and chomped it until it was all gone.  No way was that going in his mouth!  I was so shocked, I said nothing I was silent.  She then made a remark about me being over protective and when he stays at her house (like that’s ever going to happen!) she’s got chocolate and all sorts lined up for him!  He’s fucking 10 week old not 10 years!!  Needless to say, this will be happening over my dead body.

The tea part happened a week previous.  Alfie was again tired at my mother in laws and I was cuddling him trying to get him off to sleep but my in laws are far from quiet people and so this wasn’t happening for us.  Alfie started to cry, as babies do when they’re tired… My mother in law picked up his dummy, dipped it in my tea and before I could do anything she shoved it in his mouth!  Boiling hot tea with sugar in? Was she mad?!  I took the dummy straight out of his mouth!  What idiot gives a baby tea?  It’s full of shite that’s no good for an adult so it has ZERO nutritional value for a baby!  Obviously, we soon left after this incident.  I didn’t say anything because the fact I’d taken it out of his mouth spoke volumes to her.  I was slagged off as over protective again!  Over protective?  No, just not thick!  So, after these two incidents I have come to the conclusion that my in laws are completely stupid and cannot and will not be trusted with my baby.  Ever.  Not even when he’s 30.  No chance.

2 comments:

  1. I nearly passed out when I read that she gave him the lolly to lick! I admire you for not murdering her! What a silly woman.

    ReplyDelete