Thursday 19 April 2012

Working Mamma

I've been sat here staring at a blank page for a while now.  I think I have writers block...not that I'm a writer as such but you get my drift.  I have so much to blog and think about lately it's hard knowing what to write first!

I suppose I'll start with my recent facebook status...I've made the decision to return to work full time in June.  It was touch and go whether I would go back to work at all at one point so to have made the decision to return full time is a big, big thing for me.  I feel positive about returning to full time work, I enjoy my job and the company I work for are really, really good employers.  Don't get me wrong, I feel sad that I'll see a little less of Alfie but needs must and all that.  I need to work for me, I want to DO something with my life.  I was never allowed to go to college or university because my mum couldn't afford to "keep" me; so at the tender age of 16 I got myself a full time admin job.  If I'd have had the choice, I would have gone to university to study English Literature or some kind of science.  Hey ho, what can you do?!

I'm hoping that in a couple of years time, I can progress to the next level of my job.  I've already started to learn bits and bobs of the job, mainly to be able to help more at busy times and when my colleagues are off for whatever reason.  I was a little upset to find out I'm not supposed to be learning some key things because my boss doesn't want me doing CSE duties when I don't get paid for it.  I completely understand where she's coming from but I think I could at least be taught these things and told not to put them into practice unless I'm covering or whatever.  I don't know I just hate being held back - not that I'm purposely being held back or anything because I'm not.  I really ought to be telling this to my boss but I just don't have the bottle - I don't want to get knocked back like I did in my previous job.

I'll see how it goes until June and then ask for a review or something.  I've started to compile a list of things I want to learn...I can't see me getting a negative reaction, I mean I'm showing willing and enthusiasm that's gotta count for something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment