Friday 13 April 2012

Party Planner

I reckon I must be mad; I'm throwing Alfie a party for his 1st birthday.  We originally decided the guest list and party would be extremely low key but it has some how gradually expanded!  Not only do I now have to think about feeding the guests, I also need to entertain them - especially the little ones (nieces, nephews and close friends children)  I've told everyone I'm making the cake too. I must be a bloody idiot.

My friend Jayne of Pink Sweetheart is making the invitations which are to be super special - please take a look at her Folksy shop.  The party is having a "Hungry Caterpillar" theme because I love the book and I think it's a really easy, fun and colourful theme to go with.  I've even got a dedicated Pinterest board - Party Ideas!  I think I'm secretly liking the organisation of it all and to be fair I'm really, really excited about my boys first birthday and I want to make it memorable.  He may not remember any of it but at least we can show him the photographs and bits and bobs that we keep from the day that show him what a lovely day he's had.

The cake is my main concern - I have only ever baked ONE cake and only ever decorated THREE so this is a real challenge.  Both my mother in law and sister in law are cake experts - it's their "business" if you like and both of them want part in making it for him but I have decided I want to do it myself.  I want to learn the art of cake decorating and I want to be able to tell Alfie in years to come that mummy made his birthday cakes.  Any tips from brilliant cake experts welcome!

There.  A much more cheerful post ready for the weekend.

Enjoy x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention A, I look forward to helping as much as I can!
    Jayne
    xxx

    ReplyDelete